Marker holder for XRP

Here is a marker holder that can attach to the XRP to help with path tracing, etc…

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:1140279

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!
Did you try the built-in marker holder located directly behind the usb connector? It’s aligned with the line connecting the motor axles.

Yes, but this allows for a bit more visualization of the arc paths, especially when looking at the inside vs outside of the arc. we should put marker holders everywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like a Spirograph?

I have another option for a marker holder that attaches to the Servo arm that I designed. It is a very short print out of TPU. I did a writeup on it on Maker.io if you would like to check out Fusion 360 Design for 3D-Printed Marker Holder for XRP Robot (digikey.com)

edit: I just realized the Thingiverse link isn’t working at the moment. I’ll get that updated and post once its live.

edit 2: Thingiverse link is now working.

1 Like

@TFossDK
Thanks for sharing this alternative marker holder. A lot of drawing depends on lifting the pen so it’s great to have this option.
I especially appreciate the fact that you included the .step file for other users to remix. That’s essential for a fully open source project.
I also appreciate the brief Fusion 360 tutorial that you included in your write-up. I helps others to see how they can begin their own designs.