Help Connecting 6 robots to wireless connect and control

We are looking to create a 3 vs 3 game using 6 robots and control them using the FIRST driver station. Is there any docs on setting something like this up? Any help is appreciated.

What we would like to to do:
(1) 6 XRP robots (3 per aliance)
(2) Wireless connect a laptop with x box controllers to each robot

Do we need to setup a dummy network for this?

You can run all six XRPs in AP mode. We have seen this working, but make sure there are not a lot of other devices around creating their own wifi. The other option is to get a wifi router (best to get one designed for gaming) and switch the XRPs into STA mode and attach them to the router. Also have the laptops attach to that router as well and connect to the corresponding IP for their robot.
More about switching modes can be found here

Thanks for helping me out here.
We are no doubt going to have other devices using wifi and we will not be able to control that (unfortunately). Looks like a gaming router is gonna be needed. Sorry if this is a silly question but can the gaming router be setup without WAN? We are just looking to setup the network exclusively for these 6 robots and the 6 laptops.
Are there specific settings I should have on / off on the router? DHCP? Any config help is appreciated

I didn’t intended to say no other wifi devices around, but none other creating Access Points, other than the main one at the school.
If you do go with a router then yes it can be setup without a WAN, and use DHCP.

Sorry if this is silly
But where do I set the up of the xrp in driver station

Dave Slurz
201-401-5971
Dave.slurz@gmail.com

Maybe check out this video. It might give you some ideas. It uses Java but it does explain about how to use the driver station. https://youtu.be/UVNeXw7_BAo?t=563 I would start with making sure the computer used as the driver station can handle that many gamepads connected at once.