Recommended firmware version for the XRP robot for using both the XRP Code Editor and WPILib

Good morning Dryw. A special thank you to you and David for hosting the informative “Get started with robotics and the Experiential Robotics Platform (XRP)” webinar yesterday.

Shortly, I will be training 7 students (grades 5 to 12) on how to build, program and test 2 XRP robots. In the later part of the program, I will be switching between the XRP Code Editor (beginner) and the WPILib (intermediate / advance) activities.

When you have a moment, could you please recommend the firmware file (*.uf2) that comes with a brand new XRP robot? At times, we may need to factory reset the XRP robot.

Also, I would like to train the students on how to use a game controller to operate the XRP robot using WPILib (java or python). May I ask, are there step by step instructions available including, recommended firmware on control board, recommended version of the WPILib tool, build.gradle, supported game controllers, etc.)? Thank you.

1 Like