Build instructions - power

I assembled the first of our XRPs & ran the test program. All is fine, for me but a few things I noticed that you might want to check:

Medium - the instructions have people putting in the batteries before the wiring is done. My XRP shipped with the power switch in the “On” position. I think you should mention turning that switch “off” or maybe insert the batteries later in the build. You really don’t want that ultrasonic being wired with any kind of power on - it is a common thing for people new to those sensor to blow them out by having power on. I’ve done it myself & so have several of my students. Sad if a silly miss in the instructions causes someone to have to rebuy a sensor & wait for its arrival. Also, it’s just a bad idea to have any kind of power on when you are wiring, so I think it’s worth a correction.

Medium/Minor - after plugging in the USB & turning on the power, I successfully got all the prompts & updated the software. That worked exactly as described. The very last step in the update was successful but appeared to not finish correctly & freeze. I don’t know why & after 10 minutes of not returning, I turned off the board & restarted & all worked fine running the verification script.

Minor - The video is the first thing I saw & I didn’t get sent to the website until the very last step. The website help has written instructions, which are great, but I found them a bit too late. The video is fine, but it would have been nice to see the instructions earlier.

Thank you for the feedback!